Skip to main content

Event-ing: April and May

Paper Knot Studio Events - April 2015

Whoosh! March is gone and April looks like it's going to be a whirlwind adventure. I've got a LOT in the works and a bunch of upcoming events to note:

First up is the April Open Studio at Western Avenue Studios and Lofts: THIS Saturday, April 4th, from noon - 5pm. Please stop by and say hi… and buy some art from me and/or the 150+ other artists on site. ;-) I will be in my studio (#112) working on costumes and more picture book portfolio (more on that shortly).

Next up, I have a piece in the Four By Four for Education show over at the Brush Gallery. The show has been up a few weeks. The final day/fundraising reception: Saturday, April 11th, from 2 − 5pm. My piece on display is the Woven Heart (#141 in the slideshow). Admission is $25 which benefits a UMASS Lowell (art) scholarship. The admission fee also gets you one of the original pieces from the show.

Woven Heart - Paper on canvas. © Samantha Grenier 2015
Woven Heart © Samantha Grenier 2015
To cap off my month, the Society of Children's Book Writers and Illustrators conference is back: April 24-26th. I will be at this event, mingling with my fellow Kid-Lit'ers and soaking in the inspiration. I don't want to wish my month away, but I can hardly wait for this conference.

While all this is going on, I'm preparing for the The Wearable Art Extravaganza: May 1 − 2nd, from 8pm to 11-ish, perhaps…. I will have FIVE pieces roaming the catwalk/adorning the bodies of performers. This is a MUST SEE event, and space is limited so I strongly encourage getting tickets early. Find ticket information here. And here's your cordial invitation:

Wearable Art Extravaganza - Western Ave. Studios May 1-2, 2015Wearable Art Extravaganza - Western Ave. Studios May 1-2, 2015


But wait, there's more! Just like last year, I will periodically hoist up images of my work in progress for the Wearable Art Extravaganza, here on my blog (also Instagram and the WAE Facebook page). I am not alone in the process, so check out (and LIKE) the WAE Facebook page to stay abreast of all the designers' sneak-peeks.

Whew! I think my April is full! Hope to see you around ;-)

Comments