Skip to main content

Picture Books: Nov. 11, 2012


Library Day tomorrow (if the Library is open... pretty sure it is!)

This week's collection includes:

  • Me... Jane, but Patrick McDonnell
  • Ginger, by Charlotte Voake
  • Katy Did It! by Lorianne Siomades
  • The Very Smart Pea and the Princess-To-Be, by Mini Grey
  • The Sticky Doll Trap, by Jessica Souhami
  • Coco the Carrot, by Steven Salerno
  • The King Who Wouldn't Sleep, by Debbie Singleton; illustrated by Holly Swain
  • Sarah's Little Ghosts, by Thierry Robberecht; illustrated by Philippe Goossens
First of all, loved Me... Jane! I choked up a touch at the end. I most certainly agree the Caldecott Honor is well deserved. I'm very happy that I happened upon The Very Smart Pea and the Princess-to-be, because I'm in the crosshairs of writing my own version of the "Princess and the Pea," and now I'm thinking I want to take my story into another direction.

Happy Reading!

Comments